Suzanne Belperron Convertible Platinum, Emerald and Diamond Pendant Necklace
This extraordinary mid-century jewel by Suzanne Belperron consists of a lyre-shaped emerald and diamond detachable pendant brooch suspended from two rows of cultured pearls interspersed with green glass beads and finished with a platinum clasp set with old mine cut diamonds. Belperron’s jewelry often incorporated a mix of cuts – smooth beads and cabochons play off faceted stones to create a sense of tension in her designs. The pendant and necklace can be worn separately.
Suzanne Belperron was an artist and designer ahead of her time. She combined precious and humble materials to create a strikingly modern jewelry aesthetic. Her bold and imaginative pieces attracted the most fashionable and original women of the day including Elsa Schiaparelli, the Duchess of Windsor and Diana Vreeland and her work was frequently featured on the covers and in the pages of Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar.
- Pendant measures 1.94” x 1.02”
- Necklace is 14.5” long
- Pendant consists of circular and single-cut diamond pavé weighing approximately 7.81 carats
- Pendant contains 1 step-cut emerald weighing approximately 1.58 carats
- Pendant consists of step-cut emerald pavé weighing approximately 0.35 carats
- Necklace consists of 6mm cultured pearls with graduated glass beads from 5.5mm to 7.5mm
- Necklace clasp features 1 cushion cut diamond weighing approximately 1.29 carats and baguette diamonds weighing approximately 0.32 carats
- Pendant and necklace have French assay marks and maker’s mark for Groené & Darde
- Pendant and necklace have Certificates of Authenticity from Olivier Baroin
Shopping internationally? Contact us here to arrange shipping